/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The True Nature of the GOP at Wartime

But we were fools not to see the true nature of the people we were trusting;

Yet, ... yet, we knew that when "we" were re-electing them in 2004. It's more than one "episode" (delusion, self-delusion - whatever you want to call it), it was two. Therefore, I blame the Congress, in large measure but not exclusively for the first, and the GOPers for the second.

The real question is: if we knew then what we know now about the caliber, ethics, competence and integrity of the president and his aides, would we have entrusted them to wage this war?

humm... I blame Ronald Reagan, directly, for making everyone think that America was invincible and inspiring a generation of "us/US firsters". (I don't blame Bush-431). I blame J. Warner, R-ubberstamp from Virginia. I blame L. Graham, R-ubberstamp from S. Carolina. I blame Colin Powell, the weakest and arguably worst Sec. of State in modern history (but nice guy).

Shall I continue? Or, do you get the wider picture?


link: Bootstrapping Andrew Sullivan