/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Haiku for Health Care

I loathe socialized medicine, I'm a fan of the drug companies, ..-AS

AS's view of healthcare is mostly incoherent, so far as I can tell. (I'm reminded also that quite a few people don't understand the Clinton initiative to reform the health care system in their first term.)

Meanwhile, in search of better facts and opinions, I found this stupendous exchange over at the King-Crain blog. I liked it because it echos Balkin's recent championship of the haiku as the amuse bouche of memeticists.

"Here is single-payer health care in a nutshell:

1. People are forced to buy something that they don't seem to want
2. Provided by a monopoly
3. Paid for by higher taxes"

A reader replies

"Here is current health care in a nutshell:
1. People are forced to buy something that they don't need.
2. A monopoly of providers.
3. Paid for by higher insurance premiums"

Can you chime in with your own?


link: Bootstrapping Andrew Sullivan