/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Coalition of One

As AS appears to cast about wildly on the HRC, I'm drawn to just step back and watch him flame out.

He thinks he is Larry Kramer, apparently. ... My uncle thought he was St. Jerome.

And he tries to substitute Kramer for the conscience of the movement, since his own voice doesn't suit that role (see prior post). Larry obliges and shows the way forward, in his op-ed:

My lover and I don't want to get married just yet, but we sure want to be equal.

I might have thought that would put Larry on AS's list of those NOT really fighting for gay rights, but the world is fungible when you are a coalition of one.


Update: I do have to mention, however, that the continued misuse of the HRC logo is disturbing. At some point, hiring bloggers who are intentionally willing to get themselves in deep trouble has to reflect poorly on The Atlantic. For the life of me, I cannot understand why AS is doing it, unless, after writing himself into a corner, he imagines he is taking one for the team.

link: Bootstrapping Andrew Sullivan