/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Married to a Man

Shrimp Santorini - once you start a theme, no matter how far fetched, you have to go with it.

Turns out those Santorini tomatoes are .. gifts from the Gods. (I didn't know).

With all these gay couples getting married, just who is going to do the culinary stuff?

I say, marry a good short-order cook ... unless you intend to eat out all the time or don't care.

Neither p-dog or I are Greek, but we've been going with the greek theme, while the world around in politics spins madly. I'm not sure who "won" the media-cycle this week, but Michelle Obama has to be in the running (Update: funny, but not flattering, link about same).

Yesterday was a perfect outdoor day, and we were at Zorba's Grill (see pic). Today, the annual street-fair, tribal gathering was nixed due to rain.

I cook because p-dog ... doesn't ... much. I also fix the car, so there is scant role-conformity to deal with, externally "imposed" or otherwise. I like to make things, fix things, and figure things out, so it doesn't bother me. Oh, all those - and more - come with the prospect of ... toys (*evil grin*). I also like the control of knowing what is going into the meal.

Anyway, it pays to know a few different cuisines, in case you, say, set your sights on snagging a Greek man into civil matrimony (they are very loyal, from what I've heard).