/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Statistic of the Day

"How can it be, for example, that the Pentagon has nearly twice as many lawyers as America has Foreign Service Officers? How can it be that the United Kingdom, with one-fifth of our population, has a diplomatic service nearly as large as America’s?"


-from Condi's Georgetown address yesterday

After the "message enforcement" of the Bush Administration, in which Condi was a leader, I just got sick to my stomach when she gushed to students about creating an atmosphere of creativity and 'independent thinking' at State. In fact, every time I hear her voice, I'm ready to reach for the rummy bag (pun intended).

Neither Obama nor Clinton have talked about their vision for the State department, that I know. Newt wanted to 'double it'; but, when he goes to Israel, he makes sure everyone knows that he means that it should be subordinated (in service) to the Pentagon, even at expanded levels...