/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

GOP Debate Gasses: II

I'll have to watch the whole debate to decide whether to agree with AS that the "questions were excellent".

IS THE GOP THE MOST DANGEROUS POLITICAL PARTY IN THE WORLD?

I came into it about when Brit Hume was pursuing what looked like the bogus 'ticking bomb' scenario and everyone striving to show just how-much-mo'-better they would "protect" the people. These are the kinds of questions that you get from FOX News, questions that lead people in the wrong direction on issues as important as National Security.

Imagining myself as a foreigner, listening to these replies, it's not hard to see why "the world" is wary of the US.

(Btw, I felt that Rudy continues to show just how traumatized he remains from 9/11 and just how easy he would be for "terrorists" to provoke ....).

ANOTHER OPENING

'Douthat comma Ross' has pointed out just recently that all of the GOP's prime candidates are now firmly for an expanded military as the 'solution' to our foreign policy challenges. To me, this seems to open the door wide to the Democratic field and the Democratic Party, if they don't get gripped too much by "Iraq" at the expense of a broader policy. (When I have a chance, I'll try to flesh that out more fully).