/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Monday, May 21, 2007

The Epidemiology of Political Blog Reading

...it is true that a good deal of research on human cognition supports the premise that we seek out “feedback that fits”: our perception, retention, and opinion-evaluations are selective and self-serving. -blogger, on a Dole Politics website, covering a WaPo story and writing on whether or not people seek opposing political opinions or re-enforcing ones. (also here).

DO YOU READ AROUND?

Do you find you 'read around'? Heck, I'm just as likely - if not more - to read the latest conservative contrivances as I am to check in with the neo-Galbraith's, the grappling greens, or the recently-ascending libertarians. Up to the point that it just becomes rhetorical posturing, it does, I find, sharpen your thought(s).

I'm as likely to make a link or to or drop a comment on a right-wing political blog as anywhere else, but I guess that puts me in a minority on the blogosphere, that I didn't know about. So many minorities, so much fringe, so little time ... As always, I'm too much of a Gamma-Delta-Iota, I guess, except in my wanderings I never lose sight of who 'my own' might be, in terms of a political community. (I regurgitate over hopelessly self-reflective blogging, so this post will end, shortly).

The only thing for sure is that I hate websites that tell me how to think or act, rather than try to persuade me about what is important and empower me to figure out why. I loathe the Little Green Footballers, on that basis. I find non-interactive sites a "sin" against the spirit of the internet, and people who abuse interactivity to be the laxatives of dialog.