/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bible Totin' Homos

As any reader of Virtually Normal will know, I do not doubt that the Bible condemns homosexual sexual acts. - AS

Well, that's interesting, but I'm not sure I'm willing to accept your lack of doubt. Perhaps AS could show which passages he finds the most persuasive in eliminating all doubt and why?


The chapter on "Prohibitionists", as best I recall, doesn't contain much scriptural exegesis. It does have a long bit wrestling with natural law theory/doctrine (Finnis or Finney, if I remember one of the two footnotes, offhand, outside of Aquinas), which is, of course, not scriptural. (The usage of "natural" as it occurs in the scripture has been hotly contested as support for what 'natural law' theorists typically mean).