/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Monday, July 16, 2007

Novak Continues To Suggest He is Prepared to Out More CIA Agents for the GOP


ROMNEY, GIULIANI MUST BE FEELING GOOD ABOUT THE LEGACY THEY ARE RUNNING TO INHERIT

This weekend, on Meet the Press, Novak carries on as if there is nothing wrong with outing more covert CIA agents, setting his own bizarro standards. Russert ... gives him a pass, implicitly accepting the notion that there was no underlying crime. Amazing!


MR. RUSSERT: In hindsight, should you have identified Valerie Plame as a CIA agent?

MR. NOVAK: There was no indication by, by the official spokesman for the CIA or anybody else that anybody was put in danger, that—I suddenly didn’t get a direct call from George Tenet, the CIA director, who I knew. And if he wanted to stop me from doing it, he could’ve, so I, I saw there was no pressure from me. They asked me not, not to use her name, but didn’t say that it was anybody in danger or there was any security violation as a result.