/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Leon, yet again

When Leon can answer to all of us "Who is a Jew and why?", then we'll worry about why he cannot grasp the Trinity.

Meanwhile, antisemitism is up in England, based on incident reports, according to a report I just read last week. The report linked it to distaste for Israel's actions on the rise.

I'd say 'no further comment', but instead I'll just say, "W.H. Auden" to code my response and wonder aloud if this really is the best way to get attention for the topic...
While he's busy faulting Andrew Sullivan's careless generalizing language, perhaps he can sort out his resounding call that Israel is a secular state, with the notion that it also wants to represent itself to us all as a Jewish State. Then, maybe, we'll understand why so many fall into the trap of confusing "jewish virtues" with "human virtues", as he distinguishes them.

Perhaps he needs to search his soul, for a little humility at a minimum, while the rest of us tolerate the conceit he likely has in mind for us on that, which we often willingly bear in defense of much else that is good about Israel (including myself, one has to say, to ward off the deliberately spiteful).

The rest is noise.

Except to say that, if Andrew is "feeling" and Krauthammer is 'rationales', I'll take AS. Asking Krauthammer to go on a soul searching expedition (cf. "search his heart") would be like ... er .... hypothesizing that he could explore an aspect of the Trinity in himself, nu?

Meanwhile, antisemitism is up in England, based on incident reports, according to a report I just read last week. The report linked it to distaste for Israel's actions on the rise. I'd say 'no further comment', but instead I'll just say, "W.H. Auden" to code my response and wonder aloud if this really is the best way to get attention for the topic...