/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Sunday, December 28, 2008

How the GOP Help Ruin the South

A NATION DIVIDED AGAINST ITS OWN CANNOT LONG STAND

Chris Crain writes:

I've spent a lot of time this year back in Memphis, where I grew up, and I'm struck how over holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, the city's gay establishments swell with locals like me who got the hell outta Dodge after graduating high school or college.


Which brings me to why Rick Warren's publicity romp through West Hollywood made me gag.

Gays and lesbians cannot similarly romp through the heart of America's great, GOP-leaning, evangelical "forest", can they? If they did, they'd often need to get over the fear of physical harm.

Heck, some people think that Trent Lott opposed the collection of hate-crimes statistics going way back, because it was gonna make his state look purdy bad ...