/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Paglia Finds Palin "Bracing"

To augment Andrew's opinion, all I can add is that I'm simply lost in Paglia's screed on Palin.

If I'm too caught in the "tedious, hackneyed forms of ... upper-middle-class syntax and vocabulary" and too out-of-step to observe definitively that "sex today ... has become brittle and superficial", then color me purple.

I agree with Andrew. Palin, to me, is no Shavian incarnation. She seems rather ill-prepared and dangerously uncentered (all those white lies), no matter how well she fills Camille's world with her "energy", aura, aroma, or leafy goodness.

Whatever the case, propagating the meme that Palin is somehow getting a "raw deal" from egghead liberals will mean that Paglia's "vote" for Obama will likely be canceled out ten times over, if history of such 'sympathy votes' is any guide. Gee thanks, Camille.