/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Friday, October 17, 2008

Gnothi Seuton

AS aptly notices a passage about Obama's temperament.

If I have reservations left, it is still his thoroughness. With Bill Clinton, for instance, one had the confidence that he wouldn't get hoodwinked by the spin of the rightwing, that he could wonk a policy-issue down for himself figuring out the appropriate faultlines for a progressive politics, that he could explain that and lead an effort to build consensus for achieving his vision of the problem.

Accordingly, I'm still a tad worried that Obama might get ... pushed around, by his own party or otherwise. Of course, everyone does, to some degree. I don't yet have a sense for how well he will recover, personally, after he is.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the "fierce urgency of now" doesn't leave him for at least 48 months! (Dressed up in a white tie last night, despite tradition, was ... not good for me, overall, even though both candidates did superbly.)