/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Muscling Wall Street - "Dear Mr. Liddy, Hire Me!"

Did everyone read this brattish crap?

What the hell are they doing to 'wind down' the business, after all this time, that requires 14 hour days?

I can tell you that there are teams running derivatives books, teams that are actively seeking *new* business, not just managing an existing book, that are not working 14 hour days.

AIG FP is doing ... business development? Whaaaa?

Anyway,

Mr. Liddy, if you want, hire me. I can value these securities, probably. If not, I know that there are some professors who would help, most likely, pro bono publico.

I won't work for a dollar, but you really won't have to pay me a quarter of a million, either. I can "watch the store" for a lot less than that.

I've never worked for AIG, so no one would 'blame me'. Please feel free to publish my name and whatever you choose to pay me on the front page of the New York Times.

Don't worry about winding down the business. When the time comes for me to leave, I will (it would be easier to do so, if we had national health care and truly portable retirement benefits, so I hope I can count on your votes for Obama, there....).

If you want to give me a bonus, my partner and I would really like to live in one of those nice homes in Wilton, even if it is a company-owned house. It's a sweet place and we love gay-friendly Connecticut. Plus, it'd be 5 minutes from work!