/* Google Analytics Code asynchronous */

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mukasey On My Mind

INTO THE WOODS AND HERE WE GO!

(paraphrase) "Yes, I am a New York judge. As a judge, I've seen a lot of cross-examinations. It's not just the question that is before you, it's the next one and the others down the line."

So, what were the 'next questions' that the good judge didn't want to answer?

Maybe it went beyond just spelling out a list of will-dos in open session.

Perhaps, if he said, "Yes" to waterboarding-as-torture, then when he 'discovers' as AG that waterboarding occurred, he'd have to 'do something' to avoid being ... an accessory?

As it is, he can now safely 'assume the position' and become part of the National Lie, knowing but winking, as it were.

Such is the politics of power, I guess. I hope I'm wrong about that conjecture, by the way. I could be.